<$BlogRSDUrl$>

4.16.2006

John Hancock ads 

I'm sure everyone by now has seen those John Hancock ads that try to pitch investment and insurance products to families. "The Smith family gained 2 percent during midday trading", "the Peterson family ended the day on a positive note", etc. (I don't remember what the exact quotes in the ad are, and I can't find a transcript.)

Naturally, I can't resist twisting them around. "Analysts downgraded the Clark family from 'hold' to 'sell' after Tim Clark got rejected by Harvard and Stanford." "Today saw a frenzy of trading activity after the Thomas family announced it would be dissolving." And so forth.

Comments:

Happy Birthday
 


Or even just "the Smith family lost most of their childs education fund on derivatives trading today."
 


Odd that you should choose "Tim Clark" as I have a friend (and former roomate) by the same name.
 


odd that you should choose "John Hancock" as I know a Founding Father by the same name.
 


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?