<$BlogRSDUrl$>

1.31.2006

Somnambulent oratory, thoroughly uninspired 

Ordinarily I don't get too excited about the State of the Union address. Usually one gets a boring, prepackaged recitation of a bunch of bland talking points. I guess in recent years we've been lucky to also get a "rebuttal" from the opposing party, i.e. a shrill and annoying prepackaged recitation of a bunch of bland talking points.

But when I found out that Cindy Sheehan is going to be in the audience, I immediately called my bookmaker in Vegas and laid down $100 at 50-1 odds that she tries to storm the podium and has to be shot down by Secret Service agents firing tranquilizer darts.

(HT: Prof. Reynolds.)

UPDATE: Dammit. I should have taken the 5-1 odds on "she gets arrested and doesn't even make it to the address."

UPDATE: Well, I'll be. Turns out there isn't actually a dress code at the Capitol. I wonder if I can get my $100 back from the DC police.

Comments:

I immediately called my bookmaker in Vegas

Hey. Gambling is wrong.
 


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?