<$BlogRSDUrl$>

6.15.2005

Forehand grips 

After following a couple discussions on how to throw forehands, I tried out the two-finger grip (index and middle fingers up against the rim) at a summer league game tonight. (I usually use the one-and-a-half grip, with the middle finger up against the rim and the index finger in the corner.)

It takes a little bit of adjustment -- I needed to tilt my wrist up a bit to prevent the disc from flying inside-out, and I consciously had to switch from the one-and-a-half to the two-finger grip a couple times when I caught a pass and looked upfield, but I'm definitely a believer. The transfer of power from the body down the arm and wrist into the disc is so much smoother.

Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?