<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2.09.2005

Blogging is an occupational hazard 

Whoops, that probably should say "blogging can be hazardous to your occupation."

Anyway, Google axed some guy for complaining about the company on his blog.

I think it's pretty lousy for a company to fire an employee for this sort of thing. It's not like he was giving away proprietary trade secrets or anything. But at the same time, bloggers should consider that literally the entire universe can read what they write, so it makes sense not to blog about work.

And no, I'm not going to boycott Blogger on account of Google. I might boycott Blogger if and when I get my own domain and install MoveableType or similar software on it.

(HT: Ben Wang)

Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?