<$BlogRSDUrl$>

6.10.2004

Worst-kept secret ever 

I don't quite understand why there's so much buzz about Paul McCartney's claims about "Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds". I thought it was perfectly obvious that either (1) the song was written with LSD in mind, or (2) John Lennon wrote the song while on an acid trip.

Lennon's claim that the song title came from a picture his son drew still seems like the truth. I think his mate Pete Shotton said that "though John was certainly taking inordinate amounts of acid at the time, the pun was indeed sheer coincidence."

"Got To Get You Into My Life", on the other hand, sounds a lot more interesting if it really was about pot and not about a woman.

Now if someone can tell me what "Come Together" is all about, I'll be impressed.

Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?