<$BlogRSDUrl$>

6.15.2004

Supreme Court weasels out on Pledge of Allegiance case 

Even though the dad in the case did not have the legal right to challenge the Pledge on his daughter's behalf and clearly has other issues to deal with, I still think the court should have ruled on the constitutionality of the Pledge.

I think it should be ruled unconstitutional. I'd consider my religious freedom to have been trampled on if I were forced to recite the words "one nation, under Vishnu" in school.

Speaking for myself, I don't think the government has had much at all to do with my own religious and spiritual development. That is as it should be. America did not suddenly become a more righteous nation in 1954 when the words "under God" were put into the Pledge, and it will not suddenly sink down the moral plughole just because those words are taken out.

Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?