<$BlogRSDUrl$>

6.05.2004

Smarty Jones 1:5? 

Methinks a lot of bettors are wagering money on Smarty Jones just so they can say they bet on a Triple Crown winner if he wins, thus pushing the odds to a ridiculous level. I guess they could keep the stubs as souvenirs as well, though I can't imaging that any of them will be worth any money as collectibles, given the volume of betting on Smarty Jones.

The Belmont Stakes are a longer race than the Preakness and the Kentucky Derby; perhaps this accounts for all of the Triple Crown near-misses? Not that I know anything about horse racing.

UPDATE: Irish tenor Ronan Tynan just sang "New York, New York". I wish I could have been at Belmont just to shout "Yankees suck".

UPDATE: Suckas.

Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?