<$BlogRSDUrl$>

10.06.2003

"I see a baby out there. Is that real?" 

The Tweeter Center in Mansfield, MA bites for a couple of reasons:

(1) because it's an open-air pavilion, it's not tremendously loud, even from one of the front sections. I didn't leave the REM concert on Sunday with the familiar ringing sensation in my ears.

(2) because it's an open-air pavilion, it's f*@cking cold at night.

Still, REM put on an excellent show last night, the first one I've ever seen. Here's the setlist:

Begin The Begin
So Fast So Numb
These Days
Drive
Animal
Fall On Me
All The Way To Reno
Bad Day
The One I Love
Daysleeper
Electrolite
Don't Go Back To Rockville (Mike Mills sang, of course)
Orange Crush (with megaphone)
Losing My Religion
At My Most Beautiful
She Just Wants To Live
Walk Unafraid
Man On The Moon

(encore)
Life And How To Live It
Exhuming McCarthy (Stipe held up a tape recording of the Army-McCarthy hearings to the mike. Didn't work too well, unfortunately)
Final Straw
Imitation Of Life
Permanent Vacation
It's The End Of The World As We Know It

Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?