<$BlogRSDUrl$>

10.13.2003

And in other sporting news... 

Boston's Ultimate Frisbee club teams Death or Glory and Boss Hogg are headed to nationals (or more properly, the UPA club championships, since Canadian teams are eligible). A whole bunch of young guys are playing for Boss Hogg this year, including Harvard sophomore Will Chen, Tufts senior Ariel Santos, and MIT grad student Tom Liptay, who crushed my knee in a summer league game this year (not intentionally).

Death or Glory qualified by winning Northeast Regionals, held in a freezing downpour. Boss Hogg won the elimination bracket game 15-12 over GOAT, a combo team from Ottawa and Toronto.

I saw and played against Boss Hogg earlier in the season when they were trying out a lot of new guys and I thought they wouldn't be very good this year. They have certainly made me eat my words.

Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?