<$BlogRSDUrl$>

9.19.2003

Welcome 

Well, machfive.blogspot.com is up and running. What's going to appear here? Thoughts on the news, music, politics, culture, sports, random junk, who knows. And of course, lots of links to stuff that other folks have written.

Why machfive? Back in 1995, I enrolled at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, which of course is one of the finest institutions on this planet precisely because it allows new students to choose their own usernames. Correctly sensing that this choice would determine the outcome of my career and social life for many years to come, I spent a lot of time hemming and hawing about what I should call myself. As a lark, I settled on the name "speed", though I don't consider myself to be much of a fan of the old Speed Racer Anime show.

Apparently four years later a student with the last name of Speed enrolled at MIT. Whoops. My bad.

I hope that most of the stuff that gets published here will be of actual substance, instead of random boring self-indulgent anecdotes like the one above. Way to start off.

If any of you have any ideas for a good colorscheme to use, let me know. The original author of this template had these really ugly University of Texas-esque burnt orange background at the top of the page.

Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?